Replacement IUD placed by the gynaecologist

11 July 2022

Did your T-Safe IUD fail? Then you do not have to pay twice for your IUD. Not even if you are referred to a gynaecologist. Your doctor or midwife can provide you with a free replacement IUD You can take this with you to the hospital. The hospital then applies a separate rate whereby you only pay for the insertion and not for the IUD itself. These rates are linked to DBC codes. To charge only for the placement, the hospital uses DBC code care product 210301015 and DBC code care activity 037180.

T-Safe copper spiral